Release Notes for 618

Howdy all! Check out the new release notes for 618:

52 Likes

Finally… I can actually relax and not make custom roll off scripts.

20 Likes

Quick clarification, the third release note should say "In the ScriptProfiler Functions view, anonymous entries now display their source location by default, instead of “<anonymous>”. I will fix this so it displays properly on the release notes page.

14 Likes

still waiting on fps unlock !!!
playing roblox on 60fps is super sad right now

27 Likes

Anyone else notice this new thing?

11 Likes
9 Likes

When will we get mesh part creator/editor?

10 Likes

i was playtesting just now and the IsEligibleToPurchaseSubscription key was picked up by my PolicyService wrapper - is this linked to release 618 as well?

additionally, is the value 0 (which my wrapper reads as false) because the feature isn’t fully rolled out yet?

IsEligibleToPurchaseSubscription hasn’t been documented on the PolicyService page so i was wondering if this was the case

11 Likes

Finally, I always wondered why setting a parts velocity when it was not parented would not work.

11 Likes

Disables the effect of SoundService.AmbientReverb on instances in the new audio API.

Why? Isn’t it useful to have this global property?

Is there an easy way to add reverb effects to all audio in the game using the new Audio API without manually adding it to every instance?

5 Likes

Just because something can be useful doesn’t mean that it makes sense to do. Global variables are awfully convenient in the short run but tend to cause a lot of awkward problems in the long run.

The new Audio API tries to avoid having global state unlike the old one.

10 Likes

You can easily do this yourself using a singular AudioReverb instance & a wire chain.

As @tnavarts said, that kind of global state is terrible for structure later on. Generally most “global” things become a pain later down the line

5 Likes

Did studio performance drop massively with this update? I was running a place fine at a smooth 60 fps, then i updated studio and the performance got halved unless i dropped my graphic quality level

6 Likes

Nice to see this one fixed!

6 Likes

Are we ever going to see more control for the EQ? I saw that there is a mid range Hz control now but no high and low controls? Will we ever get a slider based parametric EQ? 3-Band EQ would be great if there was band Hz control. The audio emitter fix was definitely needed.

3 Likes

I think you guys want me to know that secret store is now available

10 Likes

In addition to what @tnavarts said about global state not being ideal, SoundService.AmbientReverb didn’t really work well with AudioPlayers & AudioDeviceInputs.

Since 3d spatialization is accomplished by separate AudioEmitters in the new API, file-players and device-inputs ended up sending un-spatialized, “2d” sound to the global reverb, even if they were wired to one or more emitter(s) :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Editablemesh? Its in beta features open YouTube and see how it works

1 Like

In Bloxstrap (did i spell it correctly?)we believe :100::fire:

1 Like

Any idea when this is releasing? Been waiting 28 days for it, still isn’t live.

1 Like