AlignOrientation rotating relative to other part

I’m trying to make like a DMS ragdoll (dynamic motion synthesis, if you still dont understand just think of GTA IV ragdolls). I want align orientation to still be rotated relative to the attached part, but regular AlignOrientations don’t rotate relatively. For example, if a part attached to another part via ballsocket rotates 45 degrees, the attached part will rotated 45 degrees plus -90 degrees.

How can I replicated this? Any help is appreciated!

set the cframe of the alignorientation to the parts cframe * whatever you want to rotate, (this might cause some issues because the alignorientation is trying to keep the parts orientation the same)

so, instead, (maybe?) you could write a similar PID system to an alignorientation using angularvelocity instead

Isn’t that an issue with the Orientation of the Attachments you are using?

Multiplying the part’s CFrame has its problems, like it for some reason not rotating with the other part in a certain axis. I will check AngularVelocity though.

You can set the AlignOrientation to only use one attachment with the “Mode” property

maybe also look into alignOrientations’ PrimaryAxis & SecondaryAxis properties. they look like you could adjust the origin rotation for the cframe

Yes, but which way do you have both the Attachments facing? Are the yellow and orange arrows facing the same direction when you click on them, or do you have them facing 90° off?

All of them face the same direction as the other.

I’ll look more into Primary and SecondaryAxis.