Connect With and Learn From Roblox Staff

Hi Creators,

Today we’re launching a new DevForum category for resources authored by Roblox staff. This category supplements the existing Announcements category and our official documentation to give you even more information and guidance for Roblox creation, directly from the people working on them.

Fun, engaging, and educational content

Learn and connect with us and the community in this special area of DevForum. Some examples of content include:

Tutorials, Tips and Tricks, Best Practices

Learn something new about our Studio and other tools, our workflows, and features

Interviews and Videos

Get introduced to the people working on the features you’re using with staff interviews and learn how to build things quickly with short and long-form videos:

What’s Next

This is just a small slice of what we want to deliver. As we progress through the year, stay tuned for a continuous flow of content. We’ll also continue to improve discovery of all this content on the official documentation site and in Roblox Studio. In the meantime, feel free to watch or track the Roblox Staff category.

In the coming months, we hope to expand this even further to include well-written guides and expertise from all of you, so you can find it all in one easy place. Stay tuned!

260 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

That’s actually very cool ! Thanks Roblox :3

25 Likes

Thats cute! Can’t wait to see what they do!

17 Likes

Very interesting!

Going to have to check it out. Thank you Roblox Staff :smile:

12 Likes

Good few new resources for both new and experienced developers!

9 Likes

These actually look really playful and fun! Having more personal, quality guides and real-world examples is great for learning and devrel.

12 Likes

those tutorials are fun and high quality. could really help out new developers ^^

8 Likes

This reminds me of the tutorials Linden Lab employees used to do for Second Life residents - a great idea!

8 Likes

This is awesome!
Does this mean I could ask highly technical questions about the Roblox engine?

There’s some very specific details I need to know about the Roblox engine for optimizations and whatnot or very specific details about how things like parallel Luau or remote events work under the hood but there’s NO documentation on that at all.

If I can ask all of these questions there it’d be AWESOME!

12 Likes

Loving this new community oriented style Roblox is doing. Keep going

9 Likes

that cool ! im bad at coding and this should help

7 Likes

Would be nice to have a live mentor.
At least “our” mentor can have 3-5 live students who co-script - while he/she guides them.
And with the rest of us (100’s) newbies… watching & listening on - X/Twitter places is great for this.
Of course there’s Discord and Guild too.

5 Likes

Amazing feature, thanks so much Roblox!

4 Likes

Not sure about what, but it’d be cool to see something in the style of the #level-up roundtables/discussions again. Maybe this fits with that in some way. :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

Will you add more videos to the Roblox Documentation?
(You know, not everyone likes reading.)

4 Likes

Yep! As videos are produced, where relevant, they’ll also be embedded in the corresponding docs. You can see the start of this over on the design tab and on some analytics articles. Keep an eye out!

8 Likes

I have a suggestion now:
What if you can check a post’s subcategory in the main page?
It would be useful because, the only way to know if something is #resources:roblox-staff is by checking the title’s grammar, capitals, etc.

3 Likes

Really cool, can’t wait to see games based around this, such as bowling and others!

3 Likes

That’s cool! Thanks to Roblox Staff!
I like the video, It would be more helpful docs and videos together

3 Likes