Feedback on song if possible

Hi, could someone please give me feedback on this song I made? I think I might have to make it sound less cluttered but idk how to improve it right now.

Thanks for reading this post!

7 Likes

I think this music is amazing!

1 Like

It’s totally not cluttered; and it sounds awesome!

It reminds me so much of Fairune, with a mix of AereA. (which I love so much).

1 Like

It seems that you are cluttering your music with too many notes without any good space for breathing between sometimes. To make it sound less cluttered, the key is that less is sometimes more. Syncopation is a good idea too to try. Think about the guitar solos, you can tell if a guitar solo sounds good if they don’t sound like playing the scales.

In terms of the balance between the synths and the strings, I find the strings don’t get placed in the background far enough. It needs to be moved back slightly more.

I think the synths have a little too much delay or reverb mix balance between dry and wet signals. You are not supposed to tread past the 50% mix signal for those, unless you only want the texture. Try to reduce it slightly.

2 Likes

Ty! Could u please explain what you mean by dry and wet signals? (im using musescore lol)

1 Like

I have no clue about music theory and I have like two hours in FL studio making sound effects, so I think im the perfect judge for this:

It sounds good, a lil cluttered i’d say (especially in the intro before the violin comes into play) but its nothing that the average roblox player would pick up on, and it doesn’t really effect the vibe of the song that much, theres also some times where it sounds like you accidentally play two notes very quickly (a good example is 1:31), I don’t know if its intentional but it gives off the impression that it was sloppy (to me, at least). I still think its a pretty good track nonetheless.

final verdict:
8.5/10

btw this is a personal question which you dont have to answer, how did you make this in musescore? everything I see makes me think its just a notation software for marking already made music, but this impies otherwise, I’ve been using FL studio for my extremely short lived music journey so I’m always intrigued by other DAW/music creating softwares.

3 Likes

Basically Musescore is a digital version of writing sheet music, allowing u to playback what u write and convert the score to mp3, wav, pdf etc.

There’s also a mixer where u can change reverb, volume and soundfonts that you’ve installed but it’s kinda limited (either that or im a dum dum baby and cant figure out how to mix)

Also musescore is free so yea (i genuinely didn’t expect an 8.5 ty :D)

4 Likes

just looked up a tutorial, genuinely never thought a software like this would be used for that purpose, that is very impressive, I thought you made that on like FL with piano roll or something lol, keep it up and eventually you could reach actual soundtrack quality

3 Likes

This song sounds good! Great job on it!

3 Likes

Aha, then it would make sense on why some technical aspects sometimes don’t work. There would be limitations on MuseScore. A DAW may help with the technical aspects, but notations there would be inaccurate at best.

Actually, I would not last listening to it on loop due to the cluttering. As a listener, I find it a bit fatiguing to listen through.

2 Likes

If you use some panning that should clear up the signals on MuseScore and make it sound just a bit less cluttered. Other than that, everything @Operatik mentioned will help as well in terms of the structure of the piece, less on mixing side as MuseScore is definitely limited in that area.

3 Likes