Feedback on UI for turn-based game

Hello, I’m currently working on a stud-styled turn-based RPG game and I’ve created this interface as the battle options for players to choose from and I would like to know if there’s anything I can improve with it! I’ve also attached a gif on how the UI works, any feedback is greatly appreciated!

UI

7 Likes

It looks great, good job with it!

1 Like

it looks pretty finalized to me, do you plan on adding color to the text?

1 Like

well I tried making the text yellow but it didnt turn out that great, i know i should probably change the colour of the text to add a bit more flare to it but im not sure which colour to add

1 Like

Woaw, I love the style of it, honestly that is a wonderful GUI.

Here are a few tips to improve the GUI;

1. Have more tween animations;
  • The buttons get slightly bigger when you put your mouse over it
  • The button makes a noise and goes slightly inwards when clicking it
  • An opening animation of the attack menu
  • Make the rotating animation on the selected menu not linear, so it should bounce back when you select one, I think that would fit the aesthetic of the game a bit more than the current linear animation.
  1. Change the text completely, I do not think it fits the blocky kind of style you went for, which I love but the text ruins it. Firstly it should or should not be intended, I am not sure about the stroke but the white color also does not fit. I think you can for sure play around with the font as well.
  2. You should use another backpack icon as the sword and shield are a bit more simplistic whereas the backpack has way more detail, you should use a slightly simpler one like the other two.
  3. You could use icons as well for your attacks
  4. I think the icons should also be rotated towards the way they are facing, especially the shield and backpack as they are more rectangular

However apart from those, I love the style you went for, you achieved a wonderful blocky style. I would enjoy playing with that UI.

1 Like

Whats the font you use? I really like the design and you should keep it.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion!

1 Like

I used the Highway Gothic font and applied a bold and italic style to it

1 Like