How could I stream out a specific area?

In a system I’m making I am moving the camera from one location to another and I’d like the location the camera has been moved from to be streamed out.

For example, I’m loading in location x using :RequestStreamAroundAsync aswell as setting the replication focus to that area. When I want to move the camera to location y I use :RequestStreamAroundAsync again on that area and set the replication focus to that area.

My issue is that when I stream in and set the replication focus to location y, location x does not get streamed out. This is quite a large issue because location x and y contains a lot of parts and if both are streamed in it will cause some heavy lag.

Location x and y are both very far from eachother and both should not be streamed in at the same time. I’m trying to unload a specific area so both are not streamed in.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

There are multiple options for how streaming enabled are handling such things. As far as I remember the default one only streams things out again if they client runs out of memory. You can change that so that it will be streamed out if they reach x amount of distance away. Both solutions should be sufficient for any task to be fair, unless you have regions which has overlapping objects.

I’m only running on 8GB of memory and I’d expect for quite a large map parts would be streamed out. I can confirm that once a part in my map has been streamed in it never gets streamed out.

How would I do that?

This video explains everything you have to know about content streaming. :slight_smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8pqcfxqmek

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.