Incorrect 'Session time' in the Performance tab

The ‘Session time’ graph under Monitoring > Performance > Client shows incorrect information; In most cases the stats are much lower than what they should be.
This results in discrepancies between data shown in the ‘Average Session Time’ graph under Analytics > Engagement and ‘Session time’ in the Performance tab.

Visual Aids:
Performance tab

Engagement tab

Browser Information:
Firefox 124.0.1 (64-bit)

Expected behavior

Stats should remain consistent between different graphs or sorts.

Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/dashboard/creations/experiences/4527325364/analytics/performance?tab=client

3 Likes

The engagement graph has the average over 1 month, and the client graph has the average per hour, however, I checked myself and if I set both to 7 days there was still a 4 minute difference. Not sure why though.

My apologies, edited the post with new screenshots having identical time ranges.

They are showing you different things tailored to your use case…

The average you are seeing in Monitoring > Performance is the AVG(platform time).

This is NOT a weighted average based on how your sessions are distributed, while the one you are seeing in Analytics > Engagement is weighted by session distribution.

For anything Real-time, we have to tradeoff speed to give you directional data every 1 min, while Analytics we provide you the data every 24 hrs so we have a chance to crunch a lot of numbers.

We did it this way for Performance because of the computation required as well as we breakout each platform individually in Monitoring because if you have a minor but still significant amount of users for 1 platform, you wouldn’t want that platform’s session time to be merged just a total, hidden behind a breakdown dropdown.

When you are publishing a new version, you will want to see if a certain platform is underperforming asap.

LMK if that clarifies things.

Yes this does clarify it, I understand now. Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: