Is using knit framework still good?

I’m going to make a “Simulator” framework, most likely just for me but I would like to have it so Its a base of the main stuff, ex: clicking for a item, pet system etc etc… should I use knit to do this or I’m not honestly sure what type of things I would be using to create this. let me know your suggestions!

Personally I don’t like it but you can try it out and see if you do

1 Like

Feel free to read my post about Knit: Knit, its history, and how to build it better. | by Stephen | Medium

In short: It’s not “bad” per-se, but I would probably argue that you can build the service/controller structure of Knit yourself pretty easily, and then use a third-party networking library if you want. The biggest pitfall with Knit at the moment is the lack of intellisense, but I’ve updated the documentation to show how to partially add intellisense back into it by structuring things slightly differently.

5 Likes

I appreciate the quick reply will read :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just finished reading, pretty interesting, do you have any recommendations for other modules for networking etc?

1 Like

If it allows to work more efficiently, it is good.

2 Likes

I still use it for my self and it gets the job done + roact for gui pretty complete

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.