Issues with the animation editor on R6 rigs

A recent change causes issues with the animation editor on R6 rigs. Heads and torsos can no longer be selected as well as the Track List no longer tracks body parts.

System information:

• CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
  • Memory: 16,0 GB
  • GPU 0: Intel(R) UHD Graphics
  • GPU 1: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design

A basic place with a default R6 rig from the rig builder is given where this issue occurs on:
AnimationEditorR6Bug.rbxl (70.6 KB)

Expected behavior

I expect heads and torsos to be selectable and editable on the animation editor with default R6 rigs made from the rig builder. I also expect the Tracks List to properly track body parts used on such R6 rigs.

15 Likes

It seems this is caused by the rig builder. It sets the primary part of R6 rigs to the head as opposed to the humanoidrootpart. The latter is expected for the animation editor.

Setting the primary part to humanoidrootpart solves this issue. Though, this shifts the bug from the animation editor to the rig builder.

5 Likes

Hi there, thanks for your report.

You are correct, we made a recent change that gives the priority to the PrimaryPart indicated in the rig, over the default HumanoidRootPart.

Your manual fix (linking the PrimaryPart to the HRP) is therefore the correct workaround. I’ll contact the team working on the rig builder.

Cheers!

11 Likes

After further discussion, we made an update to restore the original behavior for R6 rigs:
R6 rigs will now first use the HRP, rather than the PrimaryPart, as they did originally.
R15 rigs continue to check for PrimaryPart, which defaults to the HRP, first.

Marking this as fixed, but please reply if you have any other issues!