Roblox Studio stops responding when closed

This might not be the right category, but i don’t have access to Studio Bugs.

Hello, Recently i have been having a big issue with Roblox Studio that severely affects development.
I’ve looked almost everywhere for anyone having the same issue, But not much good results.

So my issue is that, On big games i have, Whenever i close Studio, It freezes, And then i have to keep clicking the “X” button on the top right so it’ll tell me that Roblox Studio is not responding, so then i can close it, But this isn’t really a good way of closing studio, And, recently it’s been giving my PC the Blue Screen of Death, Which is obviously not good.

My PC isn’t old, It works very well, Works smoothly on high quality games (Both on Roblox, and not on Roblox.)
Anyways, I’ve tried clicking the “close studio” button, But it also freezes infinitely, So i had to use Task Manager to close it, But i really don’t want to have to use it every time i simply close Roblox Studio, on my more recent games, with less assets, It closes normally, but not for this one single big game.
I know for a fact it isn’t my PC’s fault, Due to other Roblox Studio games being able to be closed.
Note that this only happens when i close the game, its completely fine when i open it.
Sorry if i got anything wrong, Or if i missed some things.
Please help!

Roblox has been freezing when I do that too! I usually tend to close the game first, then close the app, which cuts down a majority of the wait time. If that doesn’t work, then this should probably be reported to a staff member.

1 Like

When i close the game itself, then it freezes, However, if i somehow manage to get to the experiences board, and close it, it closes completely fine, I think it has to do with my game.

From the situation you’re having, that’s likely it. I can’t really say anything other than to try and optimize any lag causing issues, since I dont know too much about the subject.

Hope everything goes well for you.

1 Like

Hello, for your issue, it seems to be a crash. Make sure in your game that no bug is causing the problem. Try turning off your computer and turning it back on, sometimes the computer just needs a break. If the problem persists every time, check the Roblox Studio file. You can also try to repair it through the control panel by right-clicking.

Make sure that no other programs are running in the background while you are using Roblox Studio. It would be helpful to close all other programs when running Roblox Studio to prevent your PC from being overwhelmed by powerful software that may cause your computer and Roblox Studio to crash.

Check if your Windows update is also up-to-date as if the updates are not current, it can cause performance issues and malfunctioning of your computer.

Usually i have Google Chrome open in the background, And some other apps like Steam are always open in the background, But it seems to only be with this single game, Because all my other Studio projects run just fine.

You need to pray to David Bazucki to stop Studio from crashing